Electrician – Chilliwack
City : Chilliwack, BC
Category : Full time Electrical
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:As an Electrician in our Cant Mill you can rest assured that your safety is our top priority, and the perks are endless! We are hiring a full-time permanent ticketed Electrician for our Graveyard shift from Sunday - Thursday (10pm - 7am).
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Benefits; Health & Dental and RRSP contributions, so you and your family feel secure in the future
- A Referral Program so you can enjoy the perks of working with friends and family
Click the link below to learn more about our exciting industry and come join our team in Chilliwack today!
- Test circuits to ensure integrity and safety
- Troubleshoot and maintain VFD’s
- Install, repair, and replace electrical components as needed
- Working with millwrights to diagnose machine down time
- Working outside in all weather conditions
- Assist millwrights as needed
- Keeping record of parts used and parts needed at site
- Journeyperson Electrician's Ticket required
- Previous electrical experience in a Sawmill or Industrial Maintenance setting is strongly preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with basic programming
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process is an asset
- Programmable Logical Computer (PLC) an asset
- Successfully completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing is a requirement
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Shifts will be Sunday - Thursday 10pm - 7am (start Sunday night, finish 7am on Friday morning)
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from the Cant Mill
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.