Electrical Supervisor, Process Maintenance
City : Elkford, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: February 28, 2023
Reporting to the Processing Maintenance General Supervisor, the Electrical Supervisor, Process Maintenance is responsible for all areas of maintenance activity. This position combines the responsibilities for electrical and instrumentation trades, schedule execution, continuous improvement, and staffing to ensure company standards are maintained. This position follows a 5x2 EDO schedule and is subject to change based on operational requirements.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, who can build relationships across multi-disciplinary teams. This role requires a self-motivated individual who can multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Advanced analytical, organization, problem-solving and decision-making abilities are vital.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to resolve root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Manage daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is complete on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls
- Improve employee efficiency and complete employee work performance evaluations
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance compliance and repair history is accurately detailed
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment, and services within budgeted guidelines
- Valid Journeyperson's ticket, or related technical diploma or degree
- Previous mine or industrial experience
- Excellent digital literacy in Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly in Excel, Outlook and Word; training in Microsoft Dynamics AX will be provided
- Supervisory experience is an asset
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.