Electrical Quality Inspector
City : Fort McMurray, AB
Category : Full time Quality Assurance/Control
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Electrical & Instrumentation Quality Inspector who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the quality program and coordinating day to day activities related to field inspections and surveillances. This includes document and procedure management, validating related quality processes, and assisting the Project QA/QC Manager with the implementation of quality procedures. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue team in Fort McMurray today!
- Coordinate and walkdown electrical instrumentation systems upon completion to verify compliance with codes, regulations, and engineered design
- Coordinate third party testing inspections and provide status update
- Perform inspections during construction, and prepare reports
- Identify process improvements
- Review, understand and implement Inspection & Test Plans
- Communicate with vendor representatives and quality assurance representatives upcoming hold and witness points.
- Report on quality issues and document appropriately.
- Provide training on project requirements as they relate to background of expertise.
- Understand and interpret applicable contract documents, codes of construction and regulatory standards.
- Electrical Instrumentation trade certification or Electrical Instrumentation Engineering Technology Diploma
- Minimum 4 yrs + related experience
- Proven ability to manage quality procedures and processes
- Ability to perform inspections in accordance with approved ITP’s and code requirements
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications, design drawings, and installation details
- Ability to interpret Canadian Electrical Code, CEC
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Strong interpersonal skills. A positive and team-oriented approach to work. Dependable and trustworthy.
- Strong computer background, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- This is a site-based staff position
- Camp accommodations, Flights
- 14 7 Shift Rotation
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.