City : Toronto
Category : Engineering and Maintenance
Industry : Pharmaceutical
Employer : Sanofi
Electrical Facilities Operator
(PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Reporting To: Building Maintenance Manager
Required Education: Three year (3) Electrical or Electronic Engineering Degree.
Valid Ontario/Interprovincial Electrical License accompanied with another Valid Ontario or interprovincial ticket or license.
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for a motivated and results driven individual to join our Immunochemistry team as a Production Facilities Operator. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1, Operator building systems to provide specified and reliable environmental conditions and utilities to (but not limited to) production, packaging, laboratory, warehouse and office areas. Document system conditions as assigned. Systems should be monitored and alarms/issues addressed where known:
2. Monitor systems for proper orientation of equipment. Respond or identify all GMP and business critical alarms within the required time frame. Provide support for trouble shooting issues, addressing related N/Cs and/or CAPA related documents
3. Troubleshooting building systems and facilities regarding electrical, HVAC, clean utilities, steam and plumbing in a professional and timely fashion as required. Where applicable (due to urgency and expertise or licensing) support in the associated repairs and re-checks. Able to do repairs as necessary.
4. Carry out or follow-up on preventative maintenance tasks as assigned:
5. Determines impact of required work, communicates and coordinates major repairs with other trade staff/ contractors and users to minimize service interruption. Coordinates the required scheduled and unscheduled shutdowns (facility and equipment related) and related work.
6. Other activities as requested which may include continuous improvement, projects and other initiatives and tasks.
Education and Experience:
Hours of Work:
Wednesday to Sunday 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner or Canada_HR_Recruitment@sanofi.com. Information relating to the need for accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated