Electrical Engineering Intern
City : FREDERICTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Engineering Intern - ( 230001XG )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are actively seeking for Electrical Engineering summer student to join our growing team in Fredericton, NB office for a 4-month term, commencing in May 2023, and ending in August 2023.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineering summer student will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assisting engineering staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing engineering-related calculations and analyses.
- Obtain exposure to the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Generate motor and load lists and design motor control centers.
- Select, size, and route cable tray and conduit and help create associated layout drawings.
- Size and select power and control cables for various loads and devices.
- Contribute to industrial building services designs (lighting, HVAC, communications, heat tracing, etc.)
- Contribute to construction cost estimating and equipment specifications.
- Contribute to the assembly of electrical and controls installation work packages for electrical contractors.
- Assist the design team in completing fundamental engineering tasks.
- Conduct basic engineering design calculations.
- Collect field information (visit work site).
- Undertake CADD related functions.
- Assist with programming and development of databases.
- Help further internal efforts to improve the operations of the department (e.g., create new tools and progress new work methods, progress internal projects)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Be proactive and self-initiative.
- Be fast learner, with the ability to adapt.
- Have previous experience (preferred).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs.
Education and Experience
In progress toward earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, with a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate coursework related to the specific engineering discipline.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1335 Energy-CA Atlantic
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 1, 2023, 9:21:14 PM
Req ID: 230001XG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans