Electrical Engineering Co-op
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Engineering Co-op - ( 2200039G )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
An opportunity exists for an Electrical Engineering Coop Student within our Calgary Buildings Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
An opportunity exists for an Electrical Engineering Coop Student in our Calgary 25th Street office. The successful candidate should have basic knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, understanding of building electrical equipment, and systems including electrically connected life safety systems, communication systems and building management systems. Specific duties will include:
- Preparation of CAD drawings from sketches or mark-ups for buildings and non-buildings related projects
- Load calculations, voltage drop, and short circuit calculations.
- Production of layout drawings for tender, construction, and record drawings.
- Completion of photometric lighting calculations
- Support of Project coordination, management, and working in a team-based environment.
Assistance to engineers and project managers in:
- Completion of motor schedule, communications, security, and lighting systems
- Preparations of single line diagrams and control schematics
- The selection of electrical equipment, overcurrent protection devices, and wiring methods.
- Site inspections and site meetings
- Preparation of technical reports
- Project coordination including interfacing with clients and contractors.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- An interest in electrical systems including lighting, security, communication systems, and sustainable building design/green technology will be considered an asset.
- Power related courses/knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented team player and the ability to work independently.
Education and Experience
Currently enrolled in the electrical engineering co-op or equivalent post-secondary program with availability for an 12-16 month internship.
AutoCAD familiarity/experience is strongly preferred; Revit experience an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job : Co-op/Summer/Intern Student (Co-op/Summer Use Only)
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 20, 2022, 1:36:08 PM
Req ID: 2200039G
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans