Electrical Engineering Co-op – Buildings (Summer 2023)
City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Engineering Co-op - Buildings (Summer 2023) - ( 2300013H )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
An opportunity exists for an Electrical Engineering Coop Student within our Winnipeg Buildings Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate should have basic knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, understanding of building electrical equipment, and systems including electrically connected life safety systems, communication systems and building management systems. Specific duties will include:
- Collection of pre-design information from sites
- Preparation of electrical drawings from sketches or mark-ups for buildings and non-buildings related projects
- Preparation of electrical specifications
- Load calculations, voltage drop, and short circuit calculations
- Software modelling of lighting and power distribution systems
- Working in a team-based environment
Assistance to engineers and project managers in:
- Support of project coordination and management
- Site reviews and attendance at site meetings
- Preparation of technical reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- An interest in electrical systems including lighting, power distribution, life safety, security, communication systems, and sustainable building design/green technology will be considered an asset
- Power systems related courses/knowledge is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented team player and the ability to work independently
Education and Experience
Currently enrolled in the electrical engineering co-op or equivalent post-secondary program with availability for an internship
AutoCAD familiarity/experience is strongly preferred; Revit experience an asset
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1154 Buildings-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 9, 2023, 3:29:36 PM
Req ID: 2300013H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans