Electrical Engineer Project Manager
City : Chipman
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Wood product manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
Electrical Engineer Project Manager
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmills Division is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer Project Manager.
Reporting to the Sawmill Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for drawing production and design on a wide range of engineering related projects.
- Academically qualified as an Engineer with a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university
- P.Eng designation required or eligibility to hold one
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in a heavy industrial setting
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams for large projects
- Knowledge of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively in English is required, both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Experience in Process Improvement will be considered an asset but is not required
- Surveying skills will be considered an asset but is not required
- Develop concepts for capital improvements outlining project scope, benefits, cost estimates, and schedules
- Prepare capital funding requests & work with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Monitor and track capital spending and project progress
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support project Risk Management
- Assist the team with preliminary and detail design tasks
- Assist in developing engineering specifications
- Support and encourage preventive maintenance with the team
- Some fieldwork and travel may be required
J.D. Irving, Limited is a large, diversified company based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 19,000 employees in Canada, the United States, and select international locations. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited’s Sawmills and Woodlands Divisions employ over 1800 people throughout our locations in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Canada, and Maine, USA. You will join an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results while ensuring our forests are secure for future generations. Our Woodlands operation cares for our forests and supports our 10 sawmills as they produce multiple lumber products using the most advanced technology. To learn more about our exciting companies, please visit: https://www.irvingwoodlands.com/ and https://www.jdirvinglumber.com/
At J.D. Irving, Limited we will provide you with unlimited career opportunities in a team-based collaborative environment while helping you achieve your professional goals. Whether you want to build your career nationally or in the global marketplace, you'll have the chance to use your expertise, expand your skill set and learn new things working for a family-oriented company that appreciates you want a balanced lifestyle.
Since our inception over 135 years ago, our employees continue to build JDI into a diverse group of performance driven enterprises. We are focused on continuous improvement, starting with you.
Relocation supports are available.
Where To Apply:
Please apply online through www.careers.jdirving.com.
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.