Electrical Engineer-in-Training, Buildings
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Buildings - Mechanical and Electrical
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
Working collaboratively, several of our groups are partnering to deliver some of the most historic, cutting-edge Buildings projects. We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Electrical Technologist, to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical team in Vancouver, BC.
- Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives. WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
- On-site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews
- Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
- Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Managing and enhancing client relationships
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- 2 - 4 years of experience designing electrical systems for buildings, and industrial facilities including power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications
- EIT designation is an asset
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and contracts, often with demanding timelines
- Additional experience in Institutional (schools, data centers, prisons), Transportation (maintenance facilities), Health Care (hospitals, laboratories), and Commercial (office buildings, retail) is very desirable
- Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Excellent working knowledge of BIM/REVIT is a must plus knowledge of AutoCAD
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- A “can do” attitude, and ability to work in a team environment
- Good initiative, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Reputation for meeting or exceeding expectations