Electrical EIT / Designer (Revit)
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Buildings - Centrus
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking an Electrical EIT / Designer with proficiency with REVIT MEP for 3D modelling, to join the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project located in our Downtown Ottawa office. A key member of the Mechanical and Electrical Team reporting to the Mechanical and Electrical Team Lead, this person will be a team player in an evolving team, responsible for developing the design of electrical building systems through to completion of the design packages.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Work in conjunction with Engineers and Designers to model and coordinate the various electrical systems in REVIT, including low voltage distribution, telecommunications, security, multi-media, fire alarm and EVAC and lighting and lighting control systems.
- Undertake basic design calculations and prepare details for the various systems from design development through to construction documents stages of the project.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Minimum 2 years electrical engineering and design experience using REVIT MEP 3D on building projects.
- Eligible for and working towards either P.Eng., or C.E.T. designations in Ontario
- Design knowledge of LV distribution, fire alarm systems, lighting and control and passive telecommunications.
- Experience working in different delivery models – i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 - is desirable.
- Knowledge of National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Basic knowledge of LEED v4.0, ASHRAE and CSA/ULC standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.