Electrical Designer/Technologist, Power
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Designer/Technologist, Power - ( 220000CY )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
You will work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. The Electrical Designer/Technologist should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for a project. A designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, and field work. The smaller projects that a designer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Perform detail design for the distribution system which includes overhead and underground systems.
- Perform site visit before performing detail design.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Implements sustainable design principles.
- Performs calculations to analyze and design electrical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma/degree from a recognized technical institute or equivalent work experience.
- 0 - 2 years of overhead and underground distribution line design experience serving BC Hydro and/ or other utilities in North America.
- Attention to detail and accuracy; Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code and electrical design principles.
- Knowledge of Engineering/Design Standards and Codes are an asset.
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2016/2019 and Microsoft Office tools.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English with writing, oral and speaking.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and manage time appropriately.
Education and Experience
Diploma/degree from a recognized technical institute or equivalent work experience (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Power).Co-ops and internships will be considered.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job : Electrical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-Canada West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2022, 9:49:34 PM
Req ID: 220000CY
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans