City : Saskatoon
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Designer - ( 220003HP )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
The Electrical Designer is responsible for providing cost estimates and designs for a diverse range of underground and overhead electrical distribution projects. Reporting to the Team Lead, Distribution Design, you are responsible for communicating directly with clients and customers to establish service requirements and provide solid design solutions and alternatives that meet client needs. You will work with landowners, customers, and other client departments to ensure that the projects are effectively coordinated and executed by yourself. You will ensure that facilities are designed in a safe, cost-effective and timely manner and meet all applicable codes, standards and regulations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design distribution infrastructure to meet the project requirements
- Develop design solutions that meet all applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Develop project cost estimates and material lists
- Manage external client relationships through effective and timely communication
- Monitor project progress and take action to meet client requirements
- Travel and perform site visits as required
- Identify potential safety or environmental concerns and initiate appropriate action
- Coordinate designs with various 3rd party stakeholders
- Facilitate approval requests with various 3rd party stakeholders
- Provide coaching and guidance to project team members
- Provide technical guidance to customers, stakeholders, and external consultants
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Eligible or registered as an EIT in Canada (preferred)
- Effective Interpersonal Skills – Strong Written and Verbal skills are a must, to ensure clear communication between team members, clients, contractors, and suppliers
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to set priorities, organize work and complete work within given timelines
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems preferred) or possess an Electrical Engineering technology diploma, or equivalent industry experience as a Journeyman Power Line Technician or Journeyman Electrician.
- Experience in power distribution for utilities within North America would be an asset
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home). Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Electrical Engineer - EIT
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-Canada West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 7, 2022, 2:13:15 PM
Req ID: 220003HP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans