City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Designer - ( 2200036G )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Stantec’s Mining Practice is hiring an Electrical Designer to join our growing team in North Bay ON, Sudbury ON or Saskatoon SK. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and coordinating electrical designs on both large and small-scale projects within the global Mining Sector. This position reports to the Supervisor of Electrical & Automation. As an Electrical Designer, you will be part of a multi-talented team focused on designing surface and underground facilities in the mining industry. Your duties will involve daily collaboration with other designers and engineers of our multi-discipline team. You will convey electrical requirements to the team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. You will work closely with engineers, project managers and mining specialists as you develop design concepts, create models, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other discipline requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Safety is a core value for Stantec. You will be responsible for understanding and working in compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients. As a member of our Mining team, you are expected to make a personal commitment toward preserving the health and safety of all our employees and demonstrate commitment through your personal interactions and designs. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operation and for our clients.
- Working under moderate supervision of Design Engineers and Senior Designers you will be responsible for the complete design and documentation package for electrical and I&C items.
- Produce deliverables as required to fulfill project needs either as an individual contributor or as part of a team of electrical and I&C engineers and designers, dependent upon project size and scope.
- Electrical deliverables including but not limited to: Single Line Diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, interconnection drawings, equipment lists, cable schedules, cable tray layouts, cable tray fill reports, electrical installation details, power layouts, lighting layouts, grounding layouts, lightning protection layouts, JB layouts, E-House or electrical room layouts.
- I&C deliverables will include but are not limited to: P&IDs, network architecture drawings, control architecture drawings, loop drawings, junction box drawings, control panel drawings including PLC and Network Cabinets, schematics, and control room layouts.
- Work from schematics, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Assist other designers with project deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in an industrial and / or mining environment is preferred.
- Experience with design of Mining facilities and infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with Navisworks and BIM 360.
- Experience with AutoCad, MicroStation, and Revit.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical and I&C design and standards (CEC, NEMA, ISA, NEC).
- Technical knowledge of P&ID drawings and layout.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable drafting standards and verify completeness of design drawings.
- Understand and follow all requirements for revision progression and quality processes.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings of all disciplines not required but preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform field walks, which may include climbing ladders and walking/standing for extended periods of time is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MS Teams.
- Proficient in math as it pertains to design work.
Education and Experience
- Position requires an E&I Designer with minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering, Procurement, and
- Construction Management environment focused upon delivery of E&I design packages.
- Associates degree or certificate of completion from an accredited drafting program preferred (will consider experience in lieu of education).
- Graduate of Technical or College Course in Electrical Engineering Technician or Technologist (will consider experience in lieu of education).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 27, 2023, 3:34:25 PM
Req ID: 2200036G
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans