Education Specialist – Remote
City : Vancouver, BC, CA, K1G6R7
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175420
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
MD Financial Management, a division of Scotia Wealth Management, has an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-focused Education Specialist to join our team.
As an Education Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to proactively engage with Physicians in training, and new in practice Physicians, to establish and foster lifelong client relationships.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Function as an MD Financial Management (MDFM) brand ambassador, effectively promoting and communicating the MD value proposition
- Generate leads for new clients and link prospects with Early Career Advisors
- Develop a prominent, consistent, recognized, and positive presence on campus and in teaching hospitals and in the New in Practice community
- Foster strong alliances with key stakeholder groups (i.e., residency program directors, Provincial Territorial Medical Associations, affiliates, and Scotiabank partners
- Look for opportunities to wow clients by proactively recognizing career and personal transition points and milestones
- Deliver financial literacy educational sessions
- Organize the facilitation of MD Financial Management presence via resident orientations, academic half-days, and special events
- Leverage new media and social networking tools to actively engage with prospects and clients and create stakeholder communities
- Collect feedback and insights from Residents and new in practice Physicians
- Partner with Scotiabank to ensure presence at various medical events such as medical student orientation
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as superior people skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Dynamic presentation & public speaking skills
- An ability to build relationships
- Strong networking, business development and sales skills
- Goals and are action oriented
- Entrepreneurial skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- A strong ability to collaborate, a true team player
- The ability to effectively manage an annual budget and competing asks for sponsorship
The Must Haves:
- University degree in Commerce, Marketing or Communication, or equivalent experience
- Solid client relationship management experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing / business development, with experience in the financial services or healthcare industries
- Strong financial planning knowledge
- Knowledge of the medical student and Resident experience is an asset
- Knowledge of early career physicians and the Canadian health care environment is an asset
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
- Located in Western Canada is preferred
*** Travel required 20-40% of the time
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.