Education Researcher – CSJ (Remote)
City : Canada - Remote
Category : Contract - CSJ
Industry : Non-profit
Employer : Pride at Work Canada
Pride at Work Canada Job Posting:
Education Researcher - Remote8-week contract, full-time position, Canada Summer Job Organization Founded in 2008, Pride at Work Canada is the leading Canadian not-for-profit organization promoting workplace cultures that are inclusive of all employees and job seekers; especially 2SLGBTQIA+ communities. We work with a member network of Canadian employers and community partners that share our vision of a Canada where everyone can achieve their full potential at work, regardless of gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation. For more information, please visit prideatwork.ca. Position Overview The Education Researcher will be responsible for evaluating Pride at Work Canada’s workplace audit program, and providing recommendations for improvements to research questions and methodology. Reporting to the Manager of Social Research & Development, the Education Researcher will review the 38+ question workplace audit that reviews inclusiveness of an organization based on gender expression, gender identity, and sexual orientation. This program is mostly utilized by large employers in the corporate sector. Start and End Dates
- Start Date: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- End Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Conduct research by reviewing similar organizations' workplace audit or index programs.
- Review Pride at Work Canada’s workplace audit questions and methodology.
- Collect feedback from previous workplace audit participants.
- Develop recommendations for the improvement of the workplace audit program questions.
- Implement approved changes to the questionnaire on the online portal.
- Create an independent project in consultation with the Manager of Social Research & Development which will account for 15-20% of hours worked.
- Other administrative tasks related to research and programs, as required.
- Strong research and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience with project or program coordination.
- Previous experience providing support in an administrative capacity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and comfort with technology and learning new platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and ClickUp project management software.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and within a team to meet program delivery and project deadlines.
- Demonstrated fluency in French strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency in languages outside of English or French, including ASL/QSL.
- Experience working in the nonprofit and/or charitable sector.
- Experience working with 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, especially Two-Spirit, queer, and trans BIPOC communities.
- Experience with anti-racism, decolonization, intersectionality, and/or accessibility.
- A strong understanding of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility.
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Captions during the interview.
- Having a support person or support animal.
- Sending follow-up responses in case there is anything you feel you missed during your interview.