Edmonton – Opportunities in US Corporate Tax (Intern/Co-op) Winter & Summer 2024
City : Edmonton
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities.
What you will do
Our Edmonton office is seeking undergraduate accounting students who intend to pursue their US CPA designation to join the team as Intern/Co-op hire in Winter & Summer 2024 as a part of our US Corporate Tax practice.
Our US Corporate Tax Services Group
Our US Corporate Tax Services Group assists organizations with tax planning and annual US filing requirements. You will work with the largest group of US Tax professionals outside of the US, learning and assisting Tax Specialists, Managers and Partners, with the annual US compliance filing season. You will be responsible for a variety of technical and support functions, including working with management to provide compliance related tax services to our diverse clients and assist in the preparation of corporate US tax returns.
We’re looking for someone that has a strong desire to excel in the Tax world to join our team to provide compliance and tax advisory related services. We’re looking for someone that can help us make our client’s businesses better!
- Preparing working paper files and US income tax returns for corporate clients
- Maintaining client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules
- Ensuring follow-up on client inquiries and requests
- Providing support to team members in related tasks
- Exposure to US income tax related returns and issues as they relate to both US federal and state jurisdictions
If you would like a sneak peak of what a career in Audit, Assurance & Tax could look like at KPMG, check out our “Experience a Day with KPMG in Canada” program”. (Note: This is an opportunity to enhance your skillset and rest assured it is NOT evaluated as part of our recruitment process.)
What’s in it for you:
Intern & Co-op Students
Our Intern and Co-op program aims to develop the next generation of leaders through challenging and interesting work. During your term, you will gain authentic engagement experience working with client projects across our teams. Along the way, you will broaden your skill set through KPMG’s vast learning and development opportunities that you can take on to your future career.
The national Power Up programming will also provide you with opportunities to learn from our leaders, build a network with other student hires through social events, collaborate with professionals from across KPMG and learn how KPMG supports you in your career journey.
What you bring to the role
You strive to make a meaningful and positive difference alongside your peers, to work collaboratively and with innovation at the forefront. You’re passionate about being involved in your local community and post-secondary institution and have a proven ability to achieve personal and professional success while being curious as you learn emerging practices and technologies.
How you will succeed:
- You have a strong academic record
- You are seeking to obtain US CPA designation with a keen interest in US Corporate Tax Services.
- You build collaborative relationships: Establishes strong relationships internally and externally and builds wide and productive networks
- You develop and motivate others: Engages others, instils confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- You take opportunities to learn and adapt: Uses insights and self-reflection to build capability and embrace new challenges
- You drive quality: Delivers high-quality results and exceptional service that provide value
- You foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Thrive with Us at KPMG
To learn more about how you can thrive with us at the firm, explore life at KPMG in Canada!
How to apply:
Start your journey and make your mark with KPMG today!
Please apply directly to KPMG at Students - KPMG Canada (home.kpmg).
All applications must be received no later than April 30 2023 at 11:59pm MST
Feeling a little overwhelmed with the application process? Don’t worry – we've got you covered! Check out our resume and interview tips available over at our Application Journey page!
What is required for this application process:
- Please limit your application to one role at the location of your choice based on your interests. You will be asked to complete an application questionnaire where you can outline your preferences. Please carefully review which specific opportunities are available before submitting your application, as openings vary by office.
- Applications can be addressed to “Hiring Manager” and should include a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website.
- All considered applicants must have or will obtain legal authorization to work in Canada by the start date of employment.
- If you require more information about the CPA Alberta Academic Prerequisites at Post-Secondary Institutions, you can visit: Transfer Credit Guides (cpaalberta.ca)
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.