City : Saskatoon, SK; Regina, SK; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB; Jansen, SK
Category : Full time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Earthworks Foreperson with experience to support us on a potash mine project. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working in Leroy SK. This is a long-term project which includes heavy earthworks and underground utilities installation from mass excavations, ditching, road construction and laydown development. For you, safety and quality are a priority, and you are proud of your work at the end of each day.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team on site!
- Supervise a crew of Heavy Equipment Operators and Labourers
- Ensure the safety of the crew, equipment, and work environment
- Ensure that work is completed during regular hours
- Ensures overall compliance of Ledcor's health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations daily
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams effectively in the day-to-day execution of the work by managing resources, equipment, and labour
- Trains, supports, and offers guidance to new employees
- Inspects equipment regularly and ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Coordinates and communicates with the other Foreman and Supervision to ensure the correct sequencing of operations
- Effective organizational and planning skills; proven experience organizing workloads, managing multiple priorities, and working with multiple deadlines
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 5+ years of experience operating various heavy equipment on heavy civil / earthworks jobs
- Knowledge of heavy civil operations for road construction, underground utilities and mass excavations
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- CSTS, Ground Disturbance Lv2 are required for the position
- Experienced applicants that reside in Leroy, SK or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 12-hour work days
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance provided from approved locations
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.