Early Morning Flow Crew Supervisor
City : Truro
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
EARLY MORNING FLOW CREW SUPERVISOR
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you a morning person that loves to work Mondays through Fridays, be off early, and spend the rest of the day with your friends and family?
We are looking to add an early morning freight handler supervisor to our team at our Kent store located at – 104 Wade Rd., Truro that will help ensure the store is business ready for our customers.
Freight Handler Supervisors are responsible for the daily management of their area. This includes executing marketing campaigns, managing inventory, and participating in meetings in addition to the duties of a sales associate.
What will you do:
- Lead department by demonstrating the highest standards of safety, customer service and merchandising
- Communicate information and priorities to associates and ensures they have the direction and tools needed to complete their tasks
- Manage associate performance through feedback and identifying training opportunities
- Handle associate and customer concerns in a fair and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Prior supervisory experience in a retail environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrate the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Shift availability. 4am-1pm Monday through Friday
- Must have a means of transportation.
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Willingness to be trained on machine operation
What we offer:
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.