Early Career: Summer Field Engineering University Internships (Calgary, AB) 2024
City : Calgary
Category : Full time Business Leadership Programs
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Field Engineering University Internships - Summer 2024 Opportunities
May 20th – August 12th, 2024
Would you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company?
Do you enjoy taking on challenging projects?
Join our innovative Internship Program
Energy is one of the most critical issues the world faces and at Baker Hughes we are tackling energy transition head on with all the drive, innovation and technology we are known for. As we shape the future of the energy industry, we believe unique ideas and perspective fuel innovation and our differences make us stronger. The development of energy technology is of utmost importance for a cleaner, greener future. We offer rewarding and exciting internships for students with talent, ambition, and team spirit to help us realize our purpose.
The Baker Hughes Internship is designed to enable students pursuing a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives. Our internships will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems, and practices that are aligned to ensure customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of groundbreaking technology.
Partner with the best
You’ll participate in focused training, and team meetings, work on projects, and present your results. During your internship, you will be supported by a buddy and your manager who will ensure you have a valuable learning experience. You can expect to receive coaching and mentoring to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop your technical and interpersonal skills.
You will also have the opportunity to become familiar with the Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) and culture of Baker Hughes. As well as our strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
As a Field Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes and identify business improvements
- Collaborating alongside experienced engineers to assist in various field operations, such as drilling, well testing, or equipment maintenance.
- Collecting data from field activities and assist in analyzing it to identify trends or issues and troubleshooting through problem-solving tasks related to field operations and equipment.
- Inspecting and maintaining equipment to ensure it is in proper working order.
- Keeping detailed records and documentation of field activities, equipment inspections, and safety measures is essential for compliance and future reference.
- Applying Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors’ or Masters’ level degree in Engineering, Technology, Mechanics, other STEM-related program.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 2.75 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be fluent in oral and written English and have effective communication skills
- Be able to relocate for the duration of your internship (locations vary)
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions or have company sponsorship in the country you have applied.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we may be able to offer flexible working patterns. Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply.
Working with us
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious, and collaborative. We're on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data, and science.
Please ensure you apply as early as possible and no later than February 23rd, 2024 to be considered for this role. The final assessment will be held soon after this date and you will be informed if you have been successful in your application soon after this date. If you submit your application after this date, you will still be considered for future assessments.About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.