EAM Engineering & EHS – Application Delivery Manager
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The application manager for Engineering and EHS reporting to the EAM, Engineering and EHS director, SAP CoE, will lead a team of 5 IT professionals responsible for building and supporting our CPKC Engineering and Employee Health and Safety applications.
- Responsible for management and delivery of all appropriate SAP application service requests and incident management with 24x7 support;
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and balance competing demands for scope, time, cost, quality, risk and resources;
- Drive accountability to build a high performing team;
- Stakeholder management to maintain a prioritized list of asks;
- Manage on call schedule and rotation;
- Manage and develop; IS Functional Analysts, System Analysts, Developers, Programmers to support their application portfolio and maintain the application details within Service Manager including cross training and knowledge management.
- Manage the analysis, development, testing and implementation of functionality for enhancements, and new projects;
- Execute administration activities such as cost and planning estimates, status reports, and resource plans;
- Deliver Application Service Requests and enhancements to support the business needs for the application bundles ensuring key deliverables are completed such as requirements gathering, design reviews and solution walkthroughs, build phase, testing phases, change management, and implementation processes using the defined tools such as SOLMAN and Q-test
- Manage ad hoc analysis and determining and resolving root causes across multiple applications;
- Work with stakeholders and for deployment coordination;
- Liaise with various IS teams in regards to applications incidents and net new projects related to the Security, Basis, infrastructure and collaboration with the business application owners;
- Provide outlook for replacement or decommissioning of applications at risk of being on black technology;
- Manage compliance with SOX, internal control, audit and legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science or Technical Discipline Required
- 7+ years’ experience of leading IT teams, systems and delivery capabilities
- Good understanding of SAP module(s) and the integration between modules;
- Experience of IT Project/Program management with increasing degrees of responsibilities
- Technology-driven product development processes;
- Methodologies for effective delivery and support;
- Experience in IT application development supported by the services portfolio;
- High degree of analytical skills;
- Existing knowledge of supported tools/services and/or high degree of technical aptitude;
- Ability to manage conflict and conflicting stakeholder and team interest;
- Appreciating and understanding how to deal with different cultural values and sensitivities;
- Team building in a diverse employee and multi-vendor environment;
- Communication and influencing ability at working levels;
- Strong negotiation skills, communication and transparency;
- Fundamental knowledge of railway operations and processes an asset.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101446
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 3
- Job Available to: Internal & External