DVP, Divisional Planning Manager – Men’s Apparel (1-Year Contract)
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time w/o Benefits
Industry : The Bay Planning
Employer : The Bay
Day in the Life:
The DVP, Divisional Planning Manager (DPM) is responsible for driving sales and profit objectives for several merchandise categories, working in conjunction with their Divisional Merchandise Managers (DMM) partners and their respective buying teams for Hudson’s Bay. This responsibility includes overseeing the development and successful execution of topside and store financial plans, assortment/ buy plans, and merchandise allocation and size planning strategies. The DPM is responsible for the supervision, training, and development of a diverse team of Planners and their respective Assistant Planners.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products, and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
● Financial Planning
o Partner with the DMM to conduct the Business Review, coordinate the development of the recommended vendor / store matrix, and communicate to the stores
o Partner with Corporate Planning in the development of the Strawman
o Initiate and develop department sales and stock targets
o Direct the development and finalization of department-level store sales plans. Review and approve the monthly flow of department-level topside plans. Coordinate and approve the formal departmental topside plan review, and assist in the group-level topside plan review. Partner with Regional Planning in the communication of topside and store plans to stores
o Coordinate the development of class and key item plans
o Lead the planning team in recommending potential systems and process enhancements relating to planning and open to buy
● Purchasing, Allocation and Replenishment
o Recommend best practices for assortment planning and review allocation strategies
o Direct and monitor the creation of the assortment matrix and buy plans
o Oversee the development of allocation tables and sizing contribution grids and review allocation tables, store volume and other attribute clusters by merchandise category
o Oversee the incorporation of store feedback into size planning and partner with the DMM on the development of store space strategies
o Direct analysis to measure allocation effectiveness and supervise analysis pertaining to size selling
o Review purchase order placement activity as well as the timely and accurate maintenance of any revisions made to purchase orders
o Collaborate with the buying team to identify distribution and vendor logistics opportunities
o Supervise the development of case pack and order flow recommendations
o Review transfer initiation requests and monitor merchandise transfers and locator activity
o Supervise staff in providing systems expertise for other users (Buyer's Workmate, SPIN), and ensure and review recommendations for systems enhancement requests
● Pricing and Marketing
o Review advertising and marketing plans and advertising effectiveness analysis
o Conduct store visits as feasible
● Open-to-Buy Monitoring
o Identify and communicate divisional OTB monthly trends and direction to Planning teams, and review and participate in the monthly OTB (forecast sales and inventories)
o Review inventory productivity (WOS, T/O) and recommend adjustments to business trends
o Review actual to planned receipt performance and performance via the monthly stock ledger
o Participate in the development and review of age of inventory/ exit strategies. Review markdown projections and vendor allowance projections
o Review all pertinent factors (MU, MD's, VA, etc.) relating to profitability
o Monitor and review the business plan by department to maximize sales and profitability
o Review competitive analysis relating to the vendor/ store matrix
o Stay abreast of industry trends and provide feedback from evaluating competition
o Review key conclusions on style productivity and assortment breadth resulting from performing assortment analytics
o Oversee the setup of the initial assortment plan framework and definition of seasonal assortment parameters
o Evaluate sales unit performance reports for opportunities
o Partner in attending market as feasible and necessary
● People Development
o Lead, develop, retain, and recruit a diverse merchandising team capable of fulfilling business goals and objectives
● University or college degree or commensurate retail experience, MBA preferred
● Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a buying and/or planning capacity, with extensive experience in a management role and experience working in Digital Merchandising or building and driving digital sales
● Strong business and financial analysis skills. (Keen negotiation skills, exposure to vendor/retailer relations in the past)
● Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open-to-buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI), master's understanding of budget frames
● Strong communication and presentation skills; extensive exposure to Sr. Management
● Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel; Buyers Workmate suite; i2 equivalent planning platform
● Demonstrated leadership skills, especially in managing large teams
What You Can Expect:
● A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at Hudson’s Bay.
● A Competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top-up coverages, retirement savings, and more
● A Ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
● A Living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including Corporate gym membership rates.
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands.
About Hudson’s Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, Hudson’s Bay is a purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
Hudson’s Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change, and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.