DVP, Creative (1 Year Contract)
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : The Bay Marketing
Employer : The Bay
Lead a Brilliant Career.
Bring your authentic self to work every day, and help our customers express themselves, style their home, and live their life in a way that reflects who they truly are.
As a brand, we celebrate the differences that make each and every one of us unique because we believe that people shouldn't fit archetypes.
So why should your career be anything less than extraordinary?
What to Expect:
The Divisional Vice President (DVP), Creative is a leadership role and key member of the Marketing Leadership team, reporting directly to the SVP Marketing. The role is responsible for the overall leadership of the in-house creative, studio, and production teams at Hudson’s Bay. This consists of creative development, art direction, graphic design and production, copywriting, studio operations, stylists, translation, image editing, and more. The role is responsible for managing teams in Toronto and India.
The DVP Creative will collaborate with the business to execute the annual and seasonal retail strategies and plans based on an understanding of the banner brand, retail environment, merchandising, and e-commerce priorities. They will play an integral role in serving the target consumer through a retail journey that is relevant to, and informed by the current marketplace and consumer trends. In this role, they will need to be able to work effectively across the marketing mix with Brand and Category, Digital, Social, Events, and other marketing teams. They are responsible for supporting and maintaining Hudson’s Bay’s unique brand image consistently across all channels. They will also need to be a strong collaborator and influences at all levels of the organization, including the Executive Leadership team.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high-level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about retail, a cultural innovator, and a leader in the industry who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You have deep experience in the consumer real industry or the fashion industry
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with all marketing functions and other key internal stakeholder groups including digital channels, to deliver against initiatives and programs that bring the brand and business strategies to life
- Lead the creative development of marketing collateral, which includes concept development, management of designers, and execution of the final product
- Execute against the HBC brand strategy but also plays an equally important role in working with the SVP and Brand lead in the development and design of the look and feel for Hudson’s Bay
- Ensures adherence to set budgets and ensures accurate expenditure tracking records are maintained
- Working with the Marketing Leadership team to define the vision and the expression of the brand and how we show up to our customers (via look, feel, and tone)
- Ensure creative vision aligns with the objectives established in the briefing process, providing key insights, considerations, and data to support the overall strategy and KPIs
- Strategizes and works cross-functionally to activate initiatives that connect the in-store and digital experience to advance the Omni experience for customers, working to bring the best of both worlds together for a richer brand story
- Communicates strategies and creative direction by leading meetings and presentations
- Highly articulate in all areas of creative and production aspects
- Collaborates between internal clients and all creative resources to develop professional alliances and increase the business brand presence
- Manages our external agency relationship and partnerships
- Oversee the production studio for our campaigns and multiple omnichannel assets
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 8+ years of marketing/retail/agency experience in positions of progressive responsibility
- Ability to lead a diverse creative team to deliver results in an often changing environment with competing priorities
- Ability to make quality decisions and creative problem-solving solutions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proven success in marketing, brand management, or account management
- Record of excellence in building effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Proven record of managing teams, developing new leaders, and engaging team members through coaching, and open and transparent feedback
- Experience working with and directing creative and media agencies
- Strong understanding of retail, commerce, and consumer experiences
- Strength in evaluating and elevating creative and media to inspire consumers to act
What’s in it for you?
- A people-focused culture of belonging where Reconciliation & Inclusion are integral to what we do
- Employee Resource Groups that offer a unique opportunity to connect with diverse colleagues
- Leadership coaching and development opportunities at all levels
- Benefits package inclusive of parental leave top-up, retirement savings, “Living Well” Program, and more
- A generous Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands
- Work-life balance through a hybrid work model and flexible paid-time-off
The Fabric of Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivaled assortment of products and categories including fashion, home, beauty, food concepts, and more. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. Hudson’s Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life by operating thebay.com featuring Marketplace, one of the largest premium life & style digital platforms in Canada, with a seamless connection to a network of Hudson’s Bay stores from coast to coast.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We strive everyday to provide our customers with an experience they will value with our products, services and dedication towards adapting to the ever changing environment of retail.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.