Duty Managers : PeopleSoft Consulting
City : Halifax
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for candidates have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, creative ability in developing and implementing quality solution deliverables, exposure to a proven methodology and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic workplace. As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, the ideal candidate is able to work as a member of a global delivery team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions. Individuals should possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a keen desire for continuous learning.
In this role, you'll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centers (Delivery Centers), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. Our delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in the area of PeopleSoft – Duty Managers.
- Providing PeopleSoft Application Project Management support;
- Project planning, scheduling, scope management, change management, issues management, risk management, quality management, problem solving and conflict-resolution, and status reporting;
- Working in conjunction with the functional team leads and resources to ensure proper coverage during off hours and weekend.
- A good understanding of payroll and functional skills and experience
- Possess complex understanding of federal business practices and ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement/improve support processes
- Ensure adequate Batch Schedule coverage and adjust (if required)
- Coordinate between the technical and functional teams
- Approve maintenance releases and ensure successful implementation
- Provide status updates to the executives on critical payroll issues
- Ensure proper communication with the executives
- Provide RCA to the client
- Minimum 3-4 years work experience
- Able to work shift hours
- Office Location Bedford, Nova Scotia or Calgary Alberta
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years of experience operating as a mid-to senior-level human resources professional, working within a human resource group for a complex organization;
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in implementing and/or upgrading core modules within the PeopleSoft HCM suite;
- Eligibility to obtain government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years of experience operating as a mid-to senior-level human resources professional, working within a human resource group for a complex organization;
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in implementing and/or upgrading core modules within the PeopleSoft HCM suite;
- Experience with multiple modules is an asset;
- Currently hold government clearance.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.