City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:55 Freeport Blvd, Calgary, Alberta, T3J 4X9
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
SHIFT: Afternoon (Tuesday to Saturday), some flexibility may be required
The Driver Manager is accountable for performance, engagement and efficiencies within our team of Class 1 drivers. The ideal candidate has experience creating a culture of engagement and respect, while focusing on continuance improvement and a positive driver experience.
What you'll do:
- •Manage driver performance, ensuring drivers are adhering to expectations and requirements
- •Ensure drivers complete ongoing training as required, coordinating with Safety and Compliance Manager
- Complete complaint investigations with the support of Human Resources
- Monitor staffing requirements and infrastructure to meet the needs of the business, while working with support (HR) to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Manage performance of team to meet goals and objectives through daily/weekly communication upwards and downwards, providing updates as required and appropriate. Lead huddles with appropriate groups ensuring they occur on agreed upon intervals.
- Participate in hiring process for direct reports, ensure training process is followed appropriately, and following up on new hire performance;
- Conduct performance management and coaching for staff as required. Provide regular feedback to direct reports. When necessary, participate in investigation and administration of discipline for poor performance or misbehavior.
- Meet with Manager to review team’s performance, discuss issues, seek direction on performance of team and/or individuals.
- Address driver issues with vendors/internal partners, working to correct behaviour and ensure optimal customer service is met
- Lead day to day communication within the department. Take an active role in internal community events, and external events as a representative of the company.
- Ensure Validation of driver activity through debrief process, ensuring that activity and relevant information matches driver assignment, sign off on delays as required.
- Evaluate, monitor, verify operations performance and corresponding reports and address issues in a proactive manner (i.e. performance management, truck utilization, preferred routing)
- Ensure utilization and execution of Driver App, both with Dispatch team and drivers.
- Continuous strive for process improvement, through the implementation and standardization of processes.
- Ensure drivers are fully utilizing and complaint with Samara ELD devices
- Execute on statutory vacation scheduling and planning, ensure proper coverage and plans are in place for peaks in volume and loads.
- Address customer concerns, coordinating with correct parties (e.g. scheduling, Human Resources) and escalating issues as needed.
- Ensure equipment and resource requirements are set up according to delivery scheduling and troubleshoot any gaps in coverage.
- Monitor weather and road conditions related to delivery schedules and service needs and react accordingly to provide proper communication and resolution to delivery issues.
- Review and approve drivers expenses. Properly code them to correct GL Lines.
- Understand budged expenses for area of control and influence, staying current on expense performance year to date and period to date; report any overruns or savings upline.
- Provide manager with information required for period P&L reviews.
- Investigate any damage to equipment and lead the claims process where applicable; coordinate road service calls.
COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Follow up on compliance related activities, including regular activities/tasks, audit preparation and follow up in a timely manner (Food safety, Health and Safety, Environmental, LAR).
- Ensure that compliance items and reporting are completed by self or direct reports.
- Conduct accident investigation and reporting for direct reports.
What you will need:
- College Education, preferably in Supply Chain Management an asset
- 5-7 years of related work experience
- 1-3 years of Supervisory/Management experience
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Must have strong leadership skills, with the ability to promote a culture of engagement
- Must have the ability to multitask, make decisions and problem solve
- Strong organization skills required
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.