Driver – Float (Driver/Material Handler)
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Supply chain and logistics
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Job category: Supply chain and logistics
Job posting ID: 4725
Employment status: Regular part-time
Possible schedule/FTE: 0.80 see schedule below
Classification: HEU 180
Salary/Rate of pay: SD15 $26.76
Application deadline: Will remain open until filled
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the internal career page.
Together, we can make all the difference in the lives of others.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving lives. Thousands of patients depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
If you are looking for a rewarding experience with a values and mission-driven team, join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference.
We acknowledge that the work of Canadian Blood Services spans many Territories and Treaty areas across the country, and we are grateful for the Traditional Knowledge Keepers and Elders who have guided us in this important work. We recognize the land and waters that have inspired our work and offer gratitude to those Indigenous peoples on whose territory we work, live and play.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular part-time Driver - Float (Driver/Material Handler) to join our dynamic Supply Chain Operations West team.
Our Drivers do so much more than drive. Our drivers work very closely with our Collections teams and donors - so an aptitude for customer service is imperative! Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential in this role.
Great reasons to work with us and deliver smiles to your community:
- Safe delivery vehicle provided with stringent maintenance schedules and inspections.
- Great opportunity to get to know your community and make a difference.
- Variety of schedules for work/life balance; no long haul or cross border driving.
- The role has lots of variety, including ongoing training and development.
- Strong culture of mutual support, respect, and integrity.
- Belong to a work environment that values community and collaboration.
- A great place for growth, new ideas and opportunities.
- Nominated for a Canada’s Safest Employers Award and National Capital Regional Top Employers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating and maintaining Canadian Blood Services' vehicles, transporting blood products, supplies, employees, volunteers, donors and equipment
- Receiving, preparing and shipping packaged blood products/specimens
- As a member of the Collection team, you will be setting up and taking down equipment at mobile donor centres
- Understand and comply with all internal safety work instructions and procedures to ensure safety of our products
- Grade 12 plus one years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid class IV (unrestricted) vehicle license
- A minimum of 24 months professional driving experience within the last 3 years
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Paid vacation
- Health and Dental benefits
- Defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and much more
Additional Information: As this is a Float position start and stop times may vary. Start and End times: 0445-1200; 0500-1700; 0530-1530; 0530-1515; 0545-1330; 0630-1430; 0630-1815; 0700-1500; 0700-1700; 0700-1730; 0730-1630; 0745-1630; 0815-1445; 0815-1545; 0830-1630; 0915-1445; 0915-1745; 0930-1330; 0945-1445; 1215-1615; 1215-1930; 0845-1545; 0845-1700; 0900-1600; 1115-1530; 1115-1830; 1115-2130; 1130-1730; 1130-1930; 1245-2030; 1300-2130; 1330-1930; 1345-0130; 1400-2145; 1430-2115; 1445-2130
Rest days: Mon/Tues, Tues/Weds, Weds/Thurs, Thurs/Fri, Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun, Sun/Mon.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
Canadian Blood Services requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (COVID 19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights considerations. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.