Drainage Designer, Rail & Transit
City : Toronto, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Drainage Designer to join our Rail &Transit team, located at our Thornhill or York Street office in Toronto . You will be supported by management to develop work plans and professional skills to become a strong leader in the consulting environment.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
Why Work with WSP's Rail & Transit team?
- WSP strives for gender balanced representation, including mentorship, and collaboration;
- Be in charge of your own career growth by working collaboratively with your manager;
- Flexible benefits;
- Wellness time (to manage work life balance);
- Hybrid return to office policy (unless otherwise stated per project requirements);
- Opportunities to contribute to impactful projects locally and internationally;
- Be a part of a collaborative high performing team;
A day in the life:
- Responsible for writing design-build output specification pertaining to tunnel drainage (not including pumping station), surface drainage and Stormwater Management requirements;
- Responsible for coordination with Civil lead for surface drainage and Mechanical Lead for building/tunnel drainage, etc.,
- Expected to evaluate designs, and if necessary, seek clarifications and reach consensus in the interpretation/requirements of authorities having jurisdiction;
- Incorporate Transit and City maintainability requirements;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario;
- Degree in Civil Engineering, or other relevant engineering disciplines;
- 6-10 years of relevant experience;
- Must have significant design experience, preferably on rapid transit infrastructure projects related to surface and tunnel drainage, as well as stormwater management facilities and associated regulatory requirements;
- Experience with developing design-build output specifications;
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams and across different business units in a matrix organization with little to no supervision;
- Ability to perform in a lead capacity (must be able to demonstrate leadership skills/abilities through prior work experience);
- Ability to adapt well to changes in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, presentation, leadership, and report writing proficiency with a strong desire and ability to collaborate in problem solving in an integrated team environment;
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering environment is an asset.