Document Specialist, Legal & Corporate Affairs (12-Month Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Legal
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184678
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Document Specialist’s primary responsibility is to plan, coordinate and retrieve Domestic Bank documents and vouchers from a variety of external sources as a result of requests received from external third parties. The Document Specialist will require an excellent knowledge of Bank processes and procedures with regard to the storage and retention and thorough understanding of Bank documents and vouchers as well as highly developed communication and organization skills in order to execute and prepare detailed and complete packages of information. The individual will be a flexible team player capable of addressing the multiple and sometimes conflicting needs of partners to assist them in completing their investigations efficiently.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
1. Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the documentation provided to a variety of internal and third party requestors by:
- Self-assigning requests for documentation received from a variety of sources daily;
- Ensuring there is a complete understanding of the requirements of the order, clarifying as required with the requestor; escalating to supervisor if a requirement is unusual or unfamiliar
2. Document and track procedures and steps in a systematic and organized way:
- Input folder notes in case file for larger files to assist with control of receipt and disbursement of documentation;
- Preparing correspondence that includes a cover letter for all completed orders, preparing an affidavit and certifying copies as required;
- Preparing invoices for orders where there is an opportunity for cost recovery;
- Ensuring the documentation provided adheres to the privacy requirements
3. Contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Department by:
- Recording time spent on each type of file worked in Content Manager;
- Sharing the emails and compliments received from our customers with the team;
- Recommending changes to existing document retrieval processes to enhance performance;
- Assisting in identifying and documenting new processes as they arise.
- Sorting and distributing the mail, ordering supplies.
4. Ensure that customer service provided is of the highest quality by:
- Assessing the requests to ensure the retrieval timelines provided in the orders can be achieved;
- Negotiating with internal or external customer in advance if there is a problem with the suggested timelines;
- Escalating to the Supervisor of any timeline concerns with cases/requests
5. Negotiating with the requestor to review statements and only request supporting documents as it relates to the case/investigation. Assist the Department in identifying potential efficiencies and maintaining costs by:
- Reviewing each request, to ensure only necessary supporting documents are being requested to limit the costs associated;
- Ensuring invoices are completed for requests where cost recovery is possible;
6. Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained at all times, as per the Bank’s guidelines
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- High School education and/or minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of communication skills; verbal, written and electronic
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s systems (CIS, AS400,IRIS, Content Manager, Web IR, Intralink)
- Thorough knowledge of basic PC applications (e.g., Microsoft Office,)
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s process for storage/retention of vouchers/documents
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s retail and small business products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s Privacy & Confidentially Agreement.
- Ability to gather, analyze, organize, document and present large volumes of information in a succinct and organized manner.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.