City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Document Controller - ( 230004VC )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
We are seeking a Document Control professional to coordinate and ensure there is information consistency within Buildings projects by assisting with the development and execution of various forms of project documentation while maintaining control and traceability of the project documents from project initiation through completion.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the project team to maintain a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues, and changes.
- Support project teams to ensure that document control procedures, processes, and systems are clearly understood and properly utilized.
- General document and revision tracking and filing.
- Responsible for the coordination and use of the respective software platforms for the coordination of project deliverables.
- Support general administrative activities.
- Support records retention.
- Sort and direct project documentation and queries such as RFIs, submittals, etc for project consultants both internal and external from clients and contractors during the contract administration phase of complex projects.
- Ensure documents are shared with the key team members and returned within contractually agreed upon timelines.
- Full time on site presence at project offices/trailer with occasional Wellington office presence.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prior work in document controls / administrative assistant role is a plus.
- Prior experience in architectural consulting or working for a Construction Manager/General Contractor is a plus.
- Understanding of building design process, systems, and construction.
- Ability to learn client required systems. Prior experience with Newforma, Procore or similar systems is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Years of experience: 3 plus.
- Preferred: 2 Year Construction Management Degree or equivalent experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 1, 2023, 2:51:41 PM
Req ID: 230004VC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans