City : Markham
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Document Controller - ( 22000065 )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our program management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Document Control Specialist for our Program Management team. The successful candidate will possess at least 5 years’ experience in a document control and support role. This role requires good communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects with experience in mass transit as a plus.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Follow and maintain document control processes, systems and procedures established for the program/project
- Follow policies, procedures, and processes to support robust document management in accordance with program and organizational objectives.
- Support and use designated electronic systems to store documents, track communications and manage edits.
- Migrate and assist with migrating documents between required document management systems, which includes interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile and assemble documents, reports, manuals, and other materials.
- Prepare status reports as required.
- Review submitted documents for accuracy and completeness (metadata) in compliance with document control procedures.
- Review and ensure documents meet production standards.
- Develop, manage and maintain document control systems.
- Attend training as required to ensure effective support of document control processes and systems.
- Provide support to t management and team members ensuring adherence to client standards, Stantec procedures and best practices.
- Scan, photocopy, print, log, distribute, retrieve and file documents.
- File and maintain print and electronic documentation, tracking internal and external distribution.
- Process and track client and vendor documentation.
- Observe record retention procedures and policies.
- Ensure quality procedures are maintained.
- Provide general project and office support as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with and experience using document control software such as Unifier and ProjectWise.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent in a related field or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Document Control or similar role.
- Experience with relevant systems and tools such as ProjectWise, Unifier and Aconex
- Prior experience working on large infrastructure programs is an asset.
- Experience in mass transit and related projects is also a plus.
In observance of COVID protocols, this role may require the incumbent to work temporarily from a home office. Home offices must provide for quiet, uninterrupted work and must offer an ergonomically suitable environment.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Job : Document Control
Organization : BC-1262 Transportation-Program Management-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2022, 5:05:54 PM
Req ID: 22000065
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans