City : Toronto, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Document Controller to join Rail & Transit team, supporting major project initiatives in Ontario.
Our Rail & Transit team is one of our most connected, collaborative groups, working in partnership with several internal and external client groups. As a Document Controller, you will play an important role in maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders and will take ownership of the documentation process through several stages of design & construction.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
The Document Controller is responsible for managing and undertaking the flow of project data (compiled by other team members) into project records.
Project records are maintained on multiple platforms and systems, including on protected shared drives, Primavera Contract Manager (CM14), Primavera P6, Aconex and ProjectWise.
The specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage and track incoming and outgoing project communications and documents;
- Store, secure, revise, retrieve and distribute electronic documents (if required, hard copy documents);
- Process and control engineering documents, drawings in accordance with established guidelines and client-specific procedures;
- Review reports, specifications, and other engineering documents to ensure adherence to quality and document standards;
- Coordinate with Project Managers to track project schedules, as well as being responsible for the submission of deliverables to the client;
- Participate in weekly Leads meetings, and other resource management workshops, in order to understand the evolving document control and management needs of the team;
- Conduct quality assurance checks on outgoing submissions;
- Manage the flow of records to and from all appropriate parties;
- Respond to internal and external drawing and documentation requests;
- Timely archiving of project records;
- Prioritizing multiple submissions, seeking guidance from leadership as may be required;
- Easily adapt to changing processes and concepts;
- Communicate effectively with engineering disciplines.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 3-5 years experience in computerized and/or manual document control management or related field, preferably in an engineering or related industry;
- Advanced proficiency with applicable software applications in related fields (Aconex & ProjectWise);
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all staff levels within the office and remotely;
- Knowledge of project documentation and engineering terminology;
- Experience in various electronic drawing file formats;
- Strong written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary education would be an asset.