Document Control Technician
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Document Control Technician - ( 2300027J )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Document Control Technician to join our Transportation Team. This position will work under the direction of the Project Controls Manager. The initial assignment is join the document control team on a large 8 year Program consisting of 10 Projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Set up and implement the digital document management system with the needed folder structures, attributions, and security protections to efficiently deploy and then manage documents for the Program.
- Liaison with client document control to ensure our records support their program record management policies.
- Set up and maintain data rooms as needed.
- carry out the program procedures, processes, controls, and workflows necessary to perform digital document management within the selected system reliably and consistently.
- Train other program staff, the new procedures, processes, controls, and workflows necessary to align with document management in the Program Information System and ensure that they understand their role in maintaining, transmitting, retaining, and governing documents reliably and consistently to efficiently support our program records.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced ability with ProjectWise including 365, FTP Sites, SharePoint/Teams
- Familiarity with a variety of Document Control Applications an asset
- Intermediate user of Microsoft office and Adobe Suite of products
- Strong communication and organization skills
Education and Experience
- 3- 5 years of experience with large projects and preferably large programs.
- Experience training stakeholders in document management systems
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 24, 2023, 7:08:04 AM
Req ID: 2300027J
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans