District Sales Manager, Vaccines – Ontario East
City : Canada Posting Location 13
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Jan 27 2023
- Lead and inspire the team, demonstrating agility, innovation, competitiveness and inspiring the team to do the same
- Lead and manage the district to sell promoted vaccines to all customers according to the strategy and direction, maximizing all levers to drive performance while ensuring good governance.
- Develop business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures to insure 100% compliant implementation.
- Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
- In addition to national and regional meetings, overnight travel is involved.
- BA/BS degree required from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated agility, innovation, competitiveness
- Strategic thinking
- Strong People Management and Coaching ability
- Robust Business acumen
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary
- Candidate must be able to travel extensively throughout Canada
This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company – leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.
- A proven track record of leading a highly successful Sales team to deliver performance in a complex environment
- Strong coaching and people management skills
- Experience in managing key accounts and major customers
- Knowledge of the vaccine environment is an asset
- Balanced risk-taking with good governance
- Expert knowledge of territory and organization analysis.
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment.
- Mastery of selling skills.
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
GSK’s portfolio spans three product areas: vaccines, specialty and general medicines and our focus is to deliver better and faster for patients globally. Our unrivalled vaccine portfolio targets infectious diseases at every stage of life, helping to reduce the burden of disease for hundreds of millions of people. GSK has exceptional capabilities in vaccine science and technologies, including adjuvant/protein and mRNA. In specialty medicines, we are at the forefront of HIV prevention and treatment, and we are building our presence in key therapeutic areas such as oncology and immuno-inflammation. General medicines include our inhaled medicines for asthma and COPD, antibiotics and medicines for skin diseases.
By 2031, we aim to deliver more than £33 billion in annual sales – a step-change in performance and growth which will significantly increase the positive impact we can have on the health of billions of patients around the world. And we’re confident in our future. Our pipeline of 21 vaccines and 43 medicines includes many with potential to be first or best-in-class opportunities for patients
Find out more:
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
As a health and science-based organization, GSK is committed to following the recommendations as set out by Health Canada and taking all necessary steps to help curb the spread of COVID-19 which includes getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We feel strongly that this is the best way to help protect those we value most: our employees, families, communities and the patients and consumers we serve. To that end, we are taking an important step to ensure the safety of our employees during this global public health crisis.
Only employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may attend our Mississauga and Laval corporate offices. In addition, all customer-facing employees who, as part of their job, attend healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices and dentists’ offices will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees may seek an accommodation for human rights-related reasons, including medical or disability-related conditions, or religious beliefs.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.