Distribution Customer Service Representative
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Support Centre
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Distribution Customer Service Representative is responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of all customer order requests and returns while strictly following the GMP Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Effectively handle all inquiries from customer and internal departments, while maintaining high level of customer service.
Nature and Scope
The DCSR must meet the requirements of external customers, while working within established credit, inventory and distribution protocols to ensure that clients receive the highest quality of service in either official language.
The incumbent must possess superior customer service and problem-solving skills. This will enable the DCSR to evaluate priorities, perform required tracking analysis, and react quickly to emergency situations. To meet business requirements, and as business dictates, the position may require overtime/shift work on a rotational basis.
What you will do
- Entry of client orders multiple system ensuring accuracy and completeness of required information to facilitate the order.
- Analyze orders to ensure all items normally required are included, quantities are reasonable, account is established, and delivery expectations can be met.
- Handle customer complaints effectively with satisfactory resolutions.
- Report all Adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures.
- Problem solving with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain customer records.
- Liaison with Finance representative to process client credit and assist as necessary.
- Liaison with Warehouse team for order processing, delivery scheduling, follow ups, order changes etc.
- Coordination and tracking/analysis of successful/re-attempt/unsuccessful orders.
- The ability to be sensitive to client concerns, investigative skills to resolve distribution oddities, and the ability to provide clear communication/service in both official languages.
- 70% time spent answering calls/emails with customers.
- Majority of work is spent multi-tasking between calls, emails, faxes, order queues.
- Maintain knowledge of all company policies and procedures with high emphasis placed on ethical conduct and strict confidentiality of client information.
- Other projects as assigned by the Supervisor, Supply Chain and Distribution
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday 9 am - 6 pm
- Must be flexible to work overtime when/if required
What you will need
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills a must while maintaining positive client relations.
- Proactive, strong interpersonal, negotiation and consensus building skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Responsive, adaptable to change and is self-directed.
- Extensive knowledge of customer service procedures (including industry best practices)
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bilingual – English/French (strong) – written and oral is essential
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.