City : Dartmouth
Category : Transportation Services
Industry : Support activities for transportation
Employer : J.D. Irving
We are currently seeking a Dispatcher for our Ports Operation.
The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Schedule and organize daily harbour jobs while managing hours of rest;
• Ensure timely and efficient movement of tugs according to the tug orders and schedules.
• Provide excellent customer service while reacting to the various changes, additions, cancellations, etc.;
• Ensure accuracy in completing job orders and forwarding to Accounts Receivables;
• Manage all files and records in compliance with policies and regulations– ie. daily reports, deck logs, vessel reports, etc.;
• Manage all reporting in a timely manner for weekly and period end deadlines;
• Communicate effectively with all stakeholders; ATL crew members, customers, Industrial Security, etc.
• Location may report to either office in Saint John, NB or Dartmouth, NS but will require travel to Dartmouth as required if located in Saint John.
• Must be proficient with computers and using MS Office;
• Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills in a busy environment.
• Prior administration experience and/or an understanding of the Ports business is an asset.
• Ability to effectively deal with changing priorities.
• Must be able to successfully prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, working 7 days on shift and 7 days off shift. Hours will fluctuate based upon operational and customer needs.