Discovery Coach (Temporary Part Time: Feb. 2023 – Sept. 2024)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Temporary Part Time: February 2023 - September 2024
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Rate of Pay: $20.56
Posting Date: February 9th, 2023
Closing Date: February 15th, 2023 at 7:00 pm EST
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
The Discovery Coach reports to the Director, Student Recruitment, and is a member of the Student Recruitment team. The Discovery Coach (Coach) is a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who enhances Mohawk College’s Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Priorities by: (a) offering college and program information to prospective students; (b) overseeing an open access resource and information hub, with resources on career exploration, campus services, and tours; (c) completing a wide variety of administrative, data-tracking and reporting duties in support of student recruitment.
The incumbent will deliver guidance with the highest quality support and customer service to prospective applicants, staff and all associated client services. This is a key role in providing services to our clients thereby supporting student recruitment, enrolment, retention and success. The successful candidate will be a student-focused individual that supports and instills continuous process improvements to ensure services meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Front-line service, providing coaching supports to prospects, in-person, over the phone, as it pertains to Mohawk’s portfolio of programs and services. Including reception duties, maintaining resources, demonstrating assessments, and competing intake forms, and capture notes in customized CRM.
Responding to Inquiries
- Answering questions and making referrals - Listening, assessing inquiries and taking action by making the appropriate referrals (i.e. counselling, accessible learning services, faculty, peer tutors, security, etc. responding to email inquiries
Coordination of Services
- Coordinates, schedules and facilitates general public tours, and college information sessions, including email messaging, arranging parking, and inputting details in customized CRM.
Data Tracking & Reporting
- Collecting, tracking and reporting of all client interactions, tour bookings, creating events, college information session, attendance date and assisting the team with individual data inputting in a customized CRM, checking applicant records in Banner and updating CRM.
Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A two-year diploma in Office Administration - Advanced/Executive Level or Business
- A minimum of 2 years office related work experience, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, cope with multiple deadlines and meet departmental priorities.
- A minimum of 2 years of practical experience providing coaching/advising, including one-to-one and group/workshop formats within a post-secondary setting is required.
- Experience working with students or applicants
- Knowledge of college application cycles and systems
- Approachable and relatable to all members of College community – ability to positively relate to applicants, students, faculty, staff, administration and the general public in a variety of situations (one-to-one and groups) is essential.
- Team oriented; demonstrated intrapersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential.
- Language and communication proficiency – strong communication and writing skills.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent customer service skills and client relationship building skills
- Advanced computer knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Calendaring, Banner, Internet research and e-mail correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills
- High degree of problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities required.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills to deal with visitors, community partners and stakeholders and the public.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Flexibility in working hours throughout the year is necessary to meet deadlines & changes.
- Self-starter, comfortable with establishing own priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, S2LGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/