Disability Case Management Consultant
City : Montreal
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
- Coach your team in client-focused case management and achieving results.
- Refine your assigned team skills on the appropriate utilization of tools/approaches, portfolio management, forecasting, workload prioritization with the goal of improving the overall measured team performance
- Support staff in achieving overall office targets, workload management, difficult cases, department workflow and processes
- Collaborate with your peers, trainers from Learning and Development and Practice Excellence, working in partnership with them to address learning and development opportunities
- Contribute to a dynamic work environment by identifying opportunities to continuously improve processes to better meet our service excellence, quality and financial commitments to our customers.
- Report on emerging trends so that they can be addressed and where suitable, learnings can be leveraged nationally.
- Partner with other CMCs and trainers to facilitate training sessions within the region, where appropriate.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3-5 years in Disability Case Management (short and long term disability)
- University degree or a completed college diploma. Occupational health, disability management or other health related areas are assets, but are not limited
- Bilingualism (French, English, both oral and written) is required to answer calls from English and French speaking clients across Canada and worldwide.
- Analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of strategic interventions
- Positive attitude with a drive to succeed and a commitment to quality service
- listening skills and capacity for empathy
What’s in it for you?
- Our commitment to talent development
- Comprehensive training programs from the start of employment and ongoing coaching to set you up for success
- Our complete benefits package starting your first day
- Collaborative environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas
- Sun Life Savers - Employee discounts available from a variety of partners (communications, travel, shopping, entertainment, etc.)
When a new position becomes available which matches your background and experience, the base pay range will be disclosed and correspond to the opportunity Sun Life will consider you for.
In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Category:Claims - Life & Disability
Posting End Date:02/06/2023