Directories and Awards Specialist (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Legal Services
Employer : Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law Firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Dentons Canada is committed to its people and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice, having received numerous awards including being selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2024); Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2023); and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2023).
This is an exciting opportunity to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise, all while learning from and collaborating with a dynamic and experienced national team.
Dentons Canada LLP seeks a Directories and Awards Specialist to support the national Profile & Client Development (PCD) Team. The Specialist will manage and strategize submissions for numerous awards and directories, showcasing the firm's excellence and achievements. This role requires a dynamic individual with exceptional organizational skills, strategic thinking, and effective communication abilities.
The Directories and Awards Specialist will focus on legal directories and award opportunities for the firm and its lawyers. The successful candidate will coordinate submissions to directories, including Chambers and Legal 500, as well as institutional-based and editorial-based awards, surveys, and league tables.
This role has components of project and time management, communications, research, reporting and analysis, communications and drafting, and copywriting and strategic planning. This role requires a highly organized individual who can support multiple competing priorities and is savvy at interpreting data to develop insightful reports. The successful candidate will be the center of all awards and directory activities at the firm.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a team that will shape the future of Dentons Canada.
- Oversee and lead the end-to-end process of several award and directory submissions annually, including administrative responsibilities, process mapping, process tracking, project management, submission coordination, copywriting/drafting and acting as communication lead for directory related correspondence to facilitate firm participation and maximize rankings and awards.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal teams, including business development, communications, proposals, finance, and human resources to collect the information required to coordinate and assist with the drafting of submissions, strategize on candidates, nominees, and key clients for submissions and to promote successes.
- Manage and maintain the schedule of directory submissions, lawyer surveys, award nominations, league tables and other accolades, working collaboratively with the PCD Team and lawyers to ensure deadlines and requirements are met.
- Track all directories and awards results to prepare insightful reports on year-over-year growth.
- Implementation, administration and management of an experience/expertise database.
- Assess results to determine appropriate messaging to communicate accolades internally and externally though social media campaigns, lawyer profiles and the Dentons Accolades page.
- Successfully performs multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail, while working on short cycle and long cycle projects alongside PCD Team members in a diverse team environment.
- Develop working relationships with key partners in firm practice areas and with members of the PCD Team.
- Establish and nurture relationships with contacts at various awards bodies to enhance the firm's visibility and chances of recognition.
- Stay informed and communicate upcoming opportunities and ensure the firm is well-positioned for success.
- Liaise with national Talent Team members to monitor lawyer arrivals and departures.
- Manage and maintain all external Directory databases including lawyer bios, headshots, and work experience.
- Act as the key point-of-contact for all directories and publications.
- Manage annual budget related to Directories and Awards.
- Other responsibilities, projects and duties as assigned.
- Organized and Detail-Oriented: Able to manage multiple submissions concurrently while paying attention to detail.
- Strategic Thinker: Capable of developing and executing a comprehensive awards strategy aligned with the firm's goals.
- Effective Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in drafting compelling submissions.
- Collaborative: Comfortable working with diverse teams and coordinating efforts across different departments and offices.
- Adaptable and Nimble: Able to navigate changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Business, Communication and/or a background in Project Management or equivalent experience to successfully complete the essential requirements of the role.
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, business development; experience working in a professional services environment is preferred.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and results-driven team-player who can work collaboratively with local and national multidisciplinary teams, as well as independent and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Highly professional approach at all times with exceptional client service.
- Agile problem-solver with sound judgement and analysis to determine effective solutions.
- Ability to work overtime is required.
- Must be proficient working with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience with Zoom, Vuture and CRM is an asset.
- Demonstrate commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
*We thank all applicants who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Dentons we are committed to offering equitable and competitive pay, we achieve this by aligning internal salary ranges for specific roles to similar positions in the external market. In the normal course, our practice is to hire, transfer and promote employees within the entry part of our range, adjusting as needed based on the prior experience, skills and competencies required for the role along with any market differentials. Rest assured the full salary range is competitive and within the range paid for similar positions in the external market.
Recognizing our exceptional talent means providing a comprehensive total rewards package beyond a competitive salary. We have prudently curated our employee benefits portfolio to offer inclusive and comprehensive wellbeing and developmental programs for our people. With extended benefits and mental health plans, paid time off, savings plans, fitness subsidy, parental leave top up and more, our benefits are flexible, aligned to our core values and supports the various needs of our people. Additionally, our personal and professional development programs include people networks, mentorships, and leadership series programming to help people grow their career.
Note: Availability of the benefits and perks may be subject to your location and employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. Dentons reserves the right to alter these programs and offerings in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.