Director, Workforce and Performance Management
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Transformation & Enterprise Operations (TEO) employs about 1,600 members across Canada, the US and around the world. The Enterprise Operations business is responsible for operating and expanding shared services related to Payments and Trade, Cash Processing, and Finance Shared Services such as GL Reconciliations, Accounts Payable and reporting services. We are accountable for enhancing RBC’s industry leading position in processing vast array of cash management, payments, and trade products for clients on a global basis.
The Director or Workforce and Performance Management is a member of the TEO Transformation office’s Sr Management team accountable for building the best in class shared service enablement to support the Transformation and Enterprise Operations teams to achieve business outcomes on delivering on client experience (SLAs), improved employee experience (training and skills development) and achieve process effectiveness (efficiency targets) focused in these areas:
- Workforce management routines and capabilities leveraging Automation and analytical skills to deliver effective management of supply and demand horizontally across TEO.
- Performance management routines and transparency to drive overall productivity levels across TEO
- Work distribution tactics to improve workforce effectiveness and distribution of work across functional teams
- Employee programs that provide growth opportunities for TEO Employees
What will you do?
- Design and development of TEO workforce management program to deliver improved employee experience, ensure proactive management of client expectations while driving 10MM in savings over 3 years.
- Build analytics, routines, and recommendations to effectively manage supply and demand across TEO teams to balance efficiency, sla and employee experience
- Lead research of and deployment of workforce management solution the leverages automation and AI enabled capabilities to provide best in class planning capabilities in a self-serve environment.
- Build and execute a performance management system for EO teams to ensure employee outcomes and rewards are aligned with business outcomes.
- Create benchmarks for all roles / skills and routinely review with industry benchmarks to ensure alignment
- Through industry research design and develop strategies to improve work distribution and resource utilization (Flex teams, automated work distribution etc)
- Develop in partnership with TEO SMT programs to create learning and skill build oppurtunties for employees across TEO that deliver a postiive employee expereince aligned with the Future of Work Strategy.
- Business lead for TEO dynamic resource program
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of transformational change experience including strategy development and initiative execution
- 5+ years of progressive project management experience, handling projects in the range of $1MM - $10MM+, complex enterprise initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience leading analytical teams or projects driving business improvements of 5% annually
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work successfully with ambiguity to deliver strong outcomes
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high-quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong impact & influence abilities including sound insight and judgment into business; solid ability to employ creative problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Workforce Management and Performance Management experience in medium to large scale operations environments
- Experience leading large operations teams (100 employees plus)
- Experience delivering large Automation projects and/or experience leveraging AI data modeling to drive business value
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.