Director, US Equities Sales-Trader
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 170039
Salary Range: 300,000.00 - 300,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Director, Sales-Trader / US Equities / Global Banking & Markets
Contributes to the overall success of the US equity business, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Must have strong client relationships
- Responsible for bringing in new accounts to trade US equity high ouch and electronic.
- Responsible for generating trading ideas around our equity research content.
- Responsible for fostering cross sell opportunities with other product groups.
- Covers client accounts in a sales trading capacity focusing on growth of the business
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Assist with Scotiabank global initiatives including: onboarding and off-boarding of clients, resource allocation to clients (e.g. research, investor trips etc.).
- Work with other Equity Sales/Trading teams globally to coordinate sales, trading and marketing of Scotiabank’s ECM franchise.
Education / Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in US listed options
- 7+ years of experience both, selling and executing, equity products to a wide client base
- Hold all required FINRA licensing
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.