Director, Strategy & Planning, Total Rewards (Global Human Resources)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Program Directors
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178338
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Director, Strategy & Planning is responsible for providing oversight and support on strategy development and execution within Total Rewards. The role is responsible for leading the team in the identification and prioritization of appropriate initiatives and plans in support of the Total Rewards Strategy. In addition, in partnership with the internal communications team, the role will lead all change management and internal communications related to Total Rewards programs and initiatives in order to drive a positive and seamless employee experience. Lastly, the role will partner with the HR service delivery team to support the timely implementation of medium-to-large scale strategic projects and initiatives.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Collaborates with Total Rewards Leadership on the development of key business strategies and prioritization of strategic initiatives. Planning of key initiatives and research alongside other areas of Human Resources, to ensure alignment of objectives
- Develops an execution and implementation roadmap for Total Rewards priority projects (global and regional in scope), working in partnership with senior TR management to ensure team and project deliverables are well planned, coordinated and successfully implemented
- Developing business case proposals and securing management approval for such cases
- Influencing and negotiating with project participants, senior management and all other stakeholders to maintain support, negotiate priorities and ensure that projects stay on track
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating the progress of initiatives against defined project milestones to ensure progress versus expectations
- Providing post-implementation status updates and support to all senior stakeholders to ensure ongoing project success
- Leading communications and change management (including training strategies/materials) to ensure a seamless, high quality employee experience
- Creating ongoing awareness and engagement through presentations to a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team
Experience / Education:
- University degree required.
- Proven track record in strategy development including in-depth experience and demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary initiatives of varying sizes and complexity, efficiently and effectively, ensuring all elements of change are considered, understood and managed.
- Expert knowledge of project and portfolio management concepts, techniques and tools.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent projects.
- Excellent visionary, planning and analytical skills.
- Strong influencing and communication skills (written and oral) to influence all levels of the organization to drive results and lead implementation of compensation programs
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.