Director, Specialty Pharmacy
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Director, Specialty Pharmacy is responsible for the successful operation of multiple pharmacy sites across Specialty Health Network by Shoppers (SHN) to ensure pharmacy services are provided to patients in accordance with established corporate procedures and provincial/federal pharmacy regulations. The Director, Specialty Pharmacy will also oversee multiple centralized functions supporting our pharmacies in providing industry leading services for specialty patients and providers nationally.
- Build positive team culture, team engagement, maintain open communication with teams and manage succession planning
- Achievement of plan, forecasted dispensing revenue and profitability by ensuring financial stewardship across the team
- Deliver on KPI’s through continuous quality improvement
- Oversee all SDMSHN pharmacy sites to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensure Required Operating Procedures (ROPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) requirements are incorporated into daily procedures and correctly followed by staff in the execution of all duties
- Collaborate with colleagues to design and implement policies and procedures for new products, programs and services
- Work closely with Program Managers and other SDMSHN colleagues to ensure that customer expectations are consistently met or exceeded
- Support SDMSHN program launches, special projects and cross-functional initiatives as required
- Understand relevant pharmacy systems to support SDMSHN pharmacies with operational efficiencies (HealthWatch & SAP)
- Support with technology/system enhancements for pharmacies
- Develop innovative service and delivery models to serve specialty patients and prescribers nationally
- Plan, develop and execute pharmacy projects that support core strategic initiatives
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors and oversee service term negotiations and contracting
- Provide strategic plan on pharmacy functions to support SDMSHN programs that aligns with pharmacy best practices; actively participate in client meetings
- Participate in business development activities related to SDMSHN programs and specialty pharmacy services
- Support clinical trial initiatives
What you will need:
- Licensed Ontario Pharmacist-Part A
- MBA considered an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined leadership experience in pharmacy, pharma or healthcare
- Experience with multi-site leadership
- Experience with organizational change management
- Previous sterile (hazardous and non-hazardous) compounding experience an asset
- Experience and/or knowledge of specialty pharmacy or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Proficient in MsOffice applications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities
- High energy with positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to changes of responsibility reflective of the business needs
*This role is a Hybrid position requiring 3 days on site at 1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga
*Role requires some travel
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.