Director, Solution Architecture & Engineering
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Technical Directors/Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177111
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Human Resources Technology provides the technology and tools for Scotiabank to attract, hire, retain, invest in, compensate, and reward its workforce globally. The team deploys and supports a combination of purchased cloud solutions with home-built applications, and a world class cloud native data management and delivery framework.
The Director, Architecture and Engineering leads the Data, Integrations, Development and Architecture teams supporting Global Human Resources. Working with an advanced level of expertise, the Director is responsible for the full development life cycle, management of projects/programs, and the direction of about 40 technical resources, covering a broad range of technologies.
The Director works with the HR business unit management and forms alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements and vendor management. As part of the GHRT management team, they establish best practices, create roadmaps and provide governance across the suite of GHRT applications aligned to Global Product strategy.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Leads a team of over 40 Senior Architects, Senior Managers and technology professionals delivering design, development, and reporting across GHRT. This team is located in both Canada and Colombia.
- Establish a cadence of collaboration with other GHRT product stream leaders, partnering to understand the needs of the business and working together to deliver on shared goals and strategies
- As Global Product Lead for HR Data and integrations, develops strategies and executes on initiatives to move all geographies towards the global standard. Ensure that new initiatives have a global application, except as required to meet specific local regulatory requirements.
- Owner of HR custom apps (java and .NET), HR data model & accountable for all data transformation between back-end systems, in-house and vendor systems, including monitoring and alerting mechanisms, and automation of data feeds.
- Partners with Global HR stakeholders/teams to translate business strategies/requirements and identify appropriate solutions to deliver on objectives. As part of this, effectively translates technology concepts into business language and vice versa.
- Manage the budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for his/her department and/or projects. Leads the business casing and development of major projects up to $5MM.
- Accountable for over 200 data feeds (at various frequencies), ~20 applications and platforms, including various critical enterprise applications.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Undergraduate or Graduate in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 15+ years of software development and business/industry work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Java and .Net software development, including supporting frameworks and UI tools.
- Deep/expert knowledge of data management and ETL platforms and tools, particularly SSIS and DataStage and Microsoft Power BI.
- Expertise in data security and authentication, including encryption standards for sensitive data in both on-premise and cloud native platforms.
- Demonstrated platform and solution architecture leadership, ideally with an architecture certification (eg TOGAF).
- Demonstrated visionary leadership ability, experience in leading large cross-enterprise programs/projects with significant technical component
- Experienced in vendor management, including contract negotiations
- Fluency in Spanish is a strong plus, as is experienced in managing offshore resources
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.