Director, Software Development
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity
RBC Royal Bank is seeking a seasoned software development expert for our US Cash Management Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. This person will provide guidance to a team of software engineers to deliver on the foundation of the US Cash Management platform. The candidate will work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders and manage front to back functions to ensure projects objectives are achieved. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all RBC functions defined in our roadmap.
Director of Development is responsible for design, develop, and implementation of key parts of the foundation of the USCM platform. You will accomplish this by teamwork, having a can-do mindset with a hands-on approach and focus on details. You will need to be an expert level organizer to resolve things in a structural manner that provides clarity and direction. You are not afraid of challenging the team on technical details and be able to think functionally.
What will you do?
- Build the state of the art, highly scalable digital solutions as a strong visionary, technical lead and contributor across the team
- Develop software components as a hands-on contributor when necessary
- Work with other tracks and lead integration efforts across other components
- Build digital assets to serve our internal and external clients
- This role may have few directs, thus the ideal candidate should provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development, and rewarding strong performance.
- Be a skilled organizer to set development tasks for yourself, directs and the team
- 15+ years of experience in modern technology development stacks including common cloud platforms.Can get to details of the technical issues faced by developers and find ways to de-bottleneck development by creating spike solutions, proof of concept development
- Strong computer science knowledge – language agnostic, object oriented skills and can be hands on as well as drive small dev teams of 6 to 8 people, can run proof of concept development independently.Strong architecture experience and able to design solutions based on business requirements with available technologies
- Strong engineering experience, and able to ensure the speed and quality of deliverables by the team.Strong Agile experience and able to guide the team in delivery process.Familiar with solutions in the area of authentication and authorization, familiar with concepts such as OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, SSO. Hands on experience with at least one authentication service providers
- Familiar with business process modelling and API orchestration.Experience with BPMN and DMN and workflow engines such as Camunda.Familiar with Dev Ops, CI/CD, Cloud deployment, and basic infrastructural knowledge to face off with Hardware Teams
- Has developed interfaces - has worked with third party libraries and integrated those into the solution using event driven architecture
Nice to Have technology experience
- Java, React, Spring Boot, Go/Rust/Python/Phoenix/BEAM (Elixir, Erlang) experience
- Familiarity with one of the cloud platforms – Azure, AWS, GCP
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.