Director, Social Media Content and Creative
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Communication
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Director, Social Media Content and Creative
Why is this role important?
Throughout Loblaw history, our growth has been fueled by innovation and a passion for customers that drives us to understand and meet customer needs better than any competitor.
Today, we’re looking for an individual to be the head of content and creative in the newly formed social media Centre of Excellence (COE), to bring strong passion to our enterprise social channels. We're looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record leading ROI-focused campaigns. This role will be responsible for leading a creative team towards delivering innovative and ROI-focused social campaigns.
This is a pivotal role to our overall success at Loblaw because without meaningful real time content our customers have less visibility to the wonderful products and value that we bring to our shelves each day. We are fast paced and a collaborative team working to improve the customer experience across grocery, beauty, pharmacy, financial and loyalty. To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make a significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
As the Director, Content and Creative of the social media COE, you will have an enormous opportunity to build the best ‘social media’ experience for our customers nationwide. We are looking for a creative social media expert who lives and breathes social media and has a proven track record as a creative innovator and team leader. Someone who is you are on top of the latest platforms and updates. Lastly, you are passionate about content marketing – elevating brands to their desired business outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Establish annual social creative strategy and objectives, including showcasing how you can grow social content services across the enterprise
- Implement social-first creative strategies from concept through execution, including content calendar development, across all Loblaw in-house brands (Control Brands) and divisions
- Lead a team of content creators, content managers, art managers, copywriters, and designers - train and teach the team about innovative content strategies and trends by providing ongoing support
- Manage and execute organic and paid creative asset output based on marketing team briefs
- Develop creative best practices that allow content to integrate seamlessly with divisional and control brands teams
- Oversee and manage content production budgets for internal clients with clear ROI
- Consistently present social creative strategy and results to leadership team and gather feedback
- Develop strong partnership with Social Media Analytics, Community Management and Influencer Management pods to ensure cohesive plans
- Create and execute a best-in-class creative working process in partnership with Marketing Operations
- Partner with Marketing Operations team to ensure an ongoing pipeline of creative talent for the team
- The core brands you will support: President’s Choice, no name, President’s Choice Financial, Shoppers Drug Mart, Shoppers Beauty, Loblaws, Zehrs, Real Canadian Superstore, No Frills
Does this sound like you?
- 8+ years of professional experience in digital and/or social media marketing; preference for candidates with experience in an agency environment
- Proven track record managing integrated content strategies and execution across all leading social platforms
- Experience managing creative contractors is an asset
- Proven leadership managing a team to deliver outstanding creative and content marketing campaigns
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, deliverables, and internal client relationships simultaneously
- Outstanding client service capabilities
- Proven track record of managing or working with creative production teams
- Expert understanding of strategy and execution across social media platforms
- Expert at digital and social media reporting metrics and analytics
How you’ll succeed
In our Loblaw Marketing department, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.