Director Sales Optimization & Growth
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2W1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167717
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Director, Sales Optimization & Growth is responsible for sustaining the sales growth of the Insurance business by designing, delivering and executing on sales strategies designed to optimize the business performance of each product through their various channels. The role is critical in capturing the full potential for Creditor Insurance Sales through the direct (retail and small business network) and alternative distribution channels (Home Financing Solutions, Scotia Mortgage Authority and third-party mortgage brokers), as well as in supporting effective sales strategies for the Direct-to-Customer business through third party telemarketers.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Lead the development and monitor the effectiveness of sales strategies for the retail and small business branch network, indirect channels, and Senior Regional Insurance Managers (direct/indirect) and the Direct-to-Consumer Business (Home and Auto; Life and Health; Travel) by doing the following:
• Support the overall channel profitability with a focus on providing all channels with the information, educational content and strategies, and tools to drive sales growth for all channels: Branch, Indirect, Contact Centres (incl. third party), Digital: SOL, Mobile – customer facing + support related.
• Implement an effective sales training and coaching program to increase confidence and awareness of existing and new products and the relevant customer benefits.
• Design and develop a tracking measure to ensure the distribution channels are utilizing the coaching materials consistently across the country and bring back findings to continually improve.
• Liaise with ASE and other key branch partners to fulfill all coaching and training needs (including videos, simulators, needs assessment tools, etc.).
• Conduct regular “health checks” with the respective channels to ensure all needs are being met and are fully optimized to achieve sales targets.
• Define and track measurements for success to ensure overall effectiveness for each channel.
• Development and monitoring of marketing and sales campaign management for Insurance Canada. This includes:
o Creation of strategic acquisition, engagement and retention plans (in consultation with RCG & Marketing). This includes leveraging market/customer research to prioritize most profitable campaigns.
o Ownership and tracking of the overall marketing budget
o Takes ownership of end-to-end marketing campaigns (all communication materials, training content, verifying messaging, accuracy, impact and adherence to legal guidelines on all marketing content
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Significant creditor insurance experience is highly preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, with limited support.
• Excellent planning and strategic thinking skills, with solid understanding of P/L levers
• Experience in relationship management
• Highly proficient at power point with the ability to build out robust strategies and forward looking plans
• Strong project manager with the ability to work under pressure.
• Strong ability to influence without direct authority
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to disseminate key ideas and information to SRIMs and Leadership in branches, HFS and SMA, in a simple and effective manner
• Thorough understanding of insurance and financial planning concepts, sales and marketing
• Excellent knowledge of branch sales and services processes (i.e. C.E.M. & TotalView)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.