Requisition ID: 62595
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of Regulatory Operations Programs, ensuring specific projects, goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the Team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Leads reporting, analytics and reenginereing for Regulatory Operations & Governance Units and supports local Teams, by providing guidance on processes, solutions, as well as consolidating business reports for each hub.
- Identify program controls, KPIs and success factors aligned with strategic and tactical goals.
- Design and oversee the implementation of reports and dashboards to support management decision making.
- Centralize expertise of data flow and business reporting for key programs.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with Local Teams to ensure information required for management reporting is supplied in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of materials required for periodic and ad hoc reporting (e.g. quarter end reporting cycle, Committee presentations, etc.).
- Support the development of all program documentation (e.g. Governance Frameworks, Project Plans, Issue and Action Logs, Status Reports, Post Implementation Reviews, etc.).
- Create strategic solutions for the Programs, including streamlining processes and planning initiatives.
- Support the development of opportunity assessments and business cases.
- Manage Key Projects, including tracking, monitoring and communicating the progress of initiatives within the program to management.
- Support development of internal analytical tools to track progress of various initiatives.
- Analyze and update capacity plans and staffing models, plan deviations and prepare periodic organizational charts/staffing reports as required.
- Streamline communications with points of contact from each Team (both global and local) to ensure continuity, timeliness, and consistent messaging across Operations.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of operational needs by providing expert advice and counsel to hubs, countries and colleagues and by participating in special assignments that will periodically arise
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or other related field.
- PMP designation an asset or formal Project Management Training
- 5+ years' experience with a financial institution is preferred
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Spanish
- Proficient PC skills, including word processing, powerpoint, excel, visio, etc
- A self-starter, results oriented, very organized & highly motivated individual who can apply his/her knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional
- Able to focus on multiple initiatives concurrently to efficiently balance time & resource conflicts & demonstrated attention to detail in ensuring accuracy of data collation & reports
- Able to deal with highly sensitive/confidential issues, on issues ranging from policy to risk analysis to general support
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work with team members in achieving common objectives
- Good interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with various levels of management, international offices and varying cultures and languages
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.