Director, Public and Media Relations
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Marketing & Communications
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 408747
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
The Communications team develops and manages all external and internal communications strategies for Bell, as well as partnerships and promotions for Bell Media. In addition, the team is also responsible for the program management of our Bell Let’s Talk Day initiative, community giving, public affairs and regional sponsorships.
We are currently seeking a Director, Public and Media Relations to lead and develop strategies and plans with a focus on external and internal communications activities to support specific Bell corporate-wide programs and initiatives important to all of our stakeholders, including our customers, the communities we serve, our employees and our shareholders.
If you are a seasoned communications professional with at least 10+ years of experience complemented by advanced leadership skills, exceptional judgment and an ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment with agility and confidence, this will be an interesting career opportunity for you.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Communications, the Director’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide strategic communications leadership, expertise and support to the executive team.
- Be knowledgeable and up-to-date on evolving economic, political, regulatory and social issues that generate both risks and opportunities for Bell’s broadband, wireless and media business interests across the country.
- Write and edit public affairs materials, including; briefing notes, Op eds, articles for publication, executive speeches and presentations.
- Establish relationships with media.
- Monitor, anticipate and effectively manage organizational risks and issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with teams and leaders across the company, responding to their needs while balancing organizational priorities.
- Lead the development of a communications measurement framework, and prepare measurement of results of communication initiatives.
- Lead a team of public affairs and communications experts.
Essential Skills/ Competencies:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in corporate communications, public affairs, media relations and issues management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
- Experience with public affairs and media relations in a complex, regulated and issues driven organization.
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure, while providing a highly strategic lens across public affairs, media relations and issues management from a corporate perspective (internally and externally), reinforcing key values and strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with executives, coworkers, managers, clients, regulatory bodies and the communities we serve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent business and industry awareness, staying current on trends that impact the business.
- Ability to lead a team and effectively work in a team, as well as across teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
#talent #tech #indeed #LI-JW1
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/31/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.