Director, Program Manager, SWM Modernization
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174474
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotia Wealth Management Modernization’s mandate is to drive process and system enhancements to make it easy for our clients to do business with us and eliminate “toil” from client facing teams in the field. As well we are looking to enshrine a modernization culture across the business and our key partners in Operations, Technology, Compliance and Legal.
The Director, Program Manager, plays a critical role in ensuring the various initiatives within the Modernization Roadmap are executed/delivered in support of each SWM Business’ strategy and objectives. This includes tracking the progress of all technology and operational initiatives, leading our monthly business and executive updates and managing the ongoing prioritization/funding of the Roadmap. The individual will also work with key partners across SWM to maintain the overall strategic vision of the Modernization Office and ensure the allocation of capital and resources is aligned with the vision.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Build and manage the integrated Modernization Program Roadmap including the monitoring of key milestones, reporting / tracking of risks and managing the financial budgets. Continuous updates to the Roadmap will be required to prioritize new initiatives and requirements in partnership with the businesses.
- Lead effective Program-level reporting (i.e. dashboards, budgets, communications) in alignment with the defined Modernization governance structure which includes GWM Executive Leaders, Business Heads and partners to ensure risks, decisions and mitigation plans for initiatives are properly communicated.
- Track and monitor program budget, financials and business case to execute new initiatives.
- Manage the overall governance structure to implement new initiatives and requirements across SWM (e.g., intake process, investigations, prioritization, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with the GWM leadership teams to identify additional areas of optimization by deconstructing issues, developing solutions, assigning accountability, and supporting through to conclusion.
- Understand competitive and industry landscape and continuously improve our modernization program to remain best-in-class.
- Foster collaboration across the Program Leads in support of changing the overall culture across SWM in support of enhancing the client and advisor experience.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
- University of College Degree in Business, Technology
- Extensive Program Management experience
- Program management skills, with a proven accomplishment influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience within a Wealth Management advisory firm will be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high-level executive vision)
- Eager to mentor, teach, share and learn
- Very strong organizational sense and effective time and priority management.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.