DIRECTOR, PRODUCE REPLENISHMENT
City : Cambridge, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
The Supply Chain Director leads a team of Supply Chain Managers, working closely with the Merchants, Vendors, Warehouse Operations and Transportation to ensure Forecasting, Replenishment, and Product Flow policies and guiding principles are followed. They are to oversee the flow requirements through the supply chain network ensuring that all defined process and procedures are being adhered to, while delivering on all KPI’s objectives established by the Supply Chain Executive Team.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Supply Chain Replenishment.
- Participate in collaborative planning with vendors, ensuring all forecast and flow requirements are executed to defined targets / standards supporting the category marketing plans and that supply chain teams execute plans effectively.
- Engage and drive the replenishment team to meet service level and inventory targets, as well as other KPIs.
- Leadership and engagement of the replenishment business unit team.
- Lead processes that create and manage business unit level forecasts to support established inventory and category marketing / sales plans.
- Manage and co-ordinate the management of inventory and all replenishment flows from Vendor to Store within the business unit.
- Work with Transport, Distribution, Operational Planning and Vendors to determine and co-ordinate the flow of goods through the network and ensure the category business unit team is aligned to support the established flow plans.
- Lead and undertake process improvement initiatives, with vendors and cross functional teams members, focused on improving KPI’s.
- Drive improved business unit performance pertaining to supply chain including a forward view of expected results / opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of retail and vendor community
- Excellent analytical, project management and process improvement skills
- Highly cross-functional leadership experience
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, highly cross functional environment
- Post-secondary education in Business, Logistics, Economics or Engineering
- 5-8 years Supply Chain Replenishment Experience
- 4-5 years Managerial Experience
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.