Director, Preferred Pharmacy Network Programs
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks! Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network supports our retail stores to provide the best patient care to patients who require specialty drugs. We provide patient support programs for specialty drug therapies, providing physicians with resources to manage their patients, facilitating reimbursement, and enhancing patient compliance. We deliver superior customer service to patients, healthcare providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers to improve healthcare outcomes for all stakeholders.
Nature and Scope
The Director, PPN Programs is responsible for overseeing the strategic, budgetary, and operational activities of multiple programs and client portfolios within Specialty Programs. You own the development of business units
within your portfolio, driving continued company growth and profitability. You are a key partner for our clients, providing strategic direction and influencing key program decisions to ensure the best outcomes. You lead a highperformance team that is innovative, accountable, responsive, and customer-focused.
What you will do:
• Provide leadership to both operational and clinical teams across a large portfolio of client accounts
• Establish and deliver Business Plan targets
• Provide strategic direction and recommendations to enhance existing programs and drive efficiencies
• Ensure program and customer-service excellence
• Partner with clients to influence key decisions and optimize programs
• Lead client presentations and proposal development
• Ensure ongoing profitability of portfolio of programs
• Assess and develop improvement plans for Program Management
• Provide strategic direction during RFPs and negotiation of new contracts
What you will need:
• University degree or equivalent industry-related experience. Business, healthcare professional designation and/or post-graduate degree an asset. Nurse or Pharmacist preferred.
• Direct experience in the specialty pharmaceutical industry and with patient support programs
• An extensive knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system
• 5-7 years account management experience and/or previous pharmaceutical experience or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of people or team management experience
• Proven customer relationship and/or account management skills with direct client interaction
• Strong financial acumen and hands on budget management experience
• Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.