Director, PMO and CI
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Director, Project Management & Continuous Improvement
The purpose of this role will be to strategically lead the Project Management and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives for Specialty Health Network to ensure successful organizational advancement, growth and new business generation.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with and serve as a strategic advisor to all Senior Leadership team and stakeholders
- Lead a team of 10+ people
- Direct responsibility for revenue generation; this role is responsible for designing and implementing specialty programs and internal projects driving growth
- Responsible for the strategic management of the project management team to onboard new business and optimize existing business to deliver on our growth and efficiency targets
- New Patient Support Programs design and onboarding
- Lead client relationship in a Project Management and CI perspective
- Direct responsibility for organizational excellence; this role is responsible for designing and implementing continuous improvement projects and all internal strategic projects.
- Enhancements to existing Patient Support Programs
- Enhancements to all internal functions
- Enhancements and delivery of all growth related internal projects
- Responsible for leading cross functional teams across the enterprise and including external customers (big pharma, physicians, and outsource partners)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- ~10 years’ experience
- University Degree required; MBA or related Master's degree an asset
- PMP required
- Lean six sigma certification is an asset
- Retail or healthcare experience an asset
- Experience Managing multiple complex projects
- Strong organizational and project management skills a must
- Demonstrated leadership skills and presence; experience leading a team of at least 10 direct reports
- Strong presentation skills (including synthesizing large concepts to key insights for Exec updates)
- Proven history advising, influencing and facilitating Executive-level stakeholders
- Proven ability to transform large strategic goals into short and mid-term objectives and tactics
- Experience in planning and supporting healthcare strategy an asset
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative without close supervision
- Able to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders; able to effectively communicate issues, actively engage and influence and work collaboratively as a team member
- Able to provide solutions by using imaginative approaches where creative thinking and innovation are required
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.